City Administrator – Barb Collins/Email: email@example.com
Deputy Clerk – POSITION OPEN [Now hiring for Deputy Clerk for City of Monona. Please submit application and resume to City Hall by 2:00 pm Friday, October 6th. Please call City Hall at 539-2355 with any questions. Applications can be picked up at City Hall (104 E Center St) or click on this link: https://cityofmonona.org/…/Application-for-Employment.pdf EOE]
Billing Clerk – Sophie Landt/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City Administrator/Clerk is responsible for implementing the policy decisions made by the City Council and making sure they are carried out in a timely and cost effective manner. The City Administrator is appointed by the City Council.
The City Administrator/Clerk has many duties, including:
- Carrying out City Council goals and policy decisions
- Overseeing day-to-day operations of the City
- Delivery of public services in an efficient manner
- Managing the City budget
- Maintenance of City records
- Zoning Administrator duties
- Attending City Council, board and commission meetings
- Informing and advising the City Council of any and all City matters
- Serving as the City representative at various functions
City administrative staff is also responsible for payment of invoices, receipt of all deposits and monies from all departments including utility billing, processing payroll for all city employees, processing of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as well as answering public questions.